Atlas is real time volumetric 3D editor and rendering engine. It combines the power and ease of voxels with image quality of regular mesh based models.
- Real-time editing of terrain with arbitrary topography
- Asset insert system
- Procedural and bitmap generating of terrain
- 3D VR mode for Google Cardboard
- Transvoxel™ Algorithm (advanced marching cubes)
- Deferred and forward lighting paths
- Fog simulation
- Real-time light and shadow
- Import and manipulation with models (currently only .obj meshes are supported)
- Seamless transition between terrain materials with bump-mapping
- Support for GNU/Linux, MS Windows and Android
- Rendering back-end for OpenGL 3.0, ES 2.0 (forward rendering only) and ES 3.0
- OpenGL ES 2.0 rendering back-end does not support rendering of fog or shadow.
- Map can be up to 256w*256h*256d blocks in size.